my thought on Perak's crisis
When I first heard that the PAS state secretary will be the MB of Perak from my friend, I was shocked. I wondered; why not DAP, since they won the most seats in the DAP-PKR-PAS coalition to form the Perak government. PAS MB? Will he turned Perak into another Kelantan? My mind was not thinking, there was a tinge of fear.
After more analysis and some information from friends, I take a different view now. I applaud the action of the DAP-PKR-PAS leaders to support Sultan Perak’s choice of the new Menteri Besar out of the three proposed candidates’ name. The situation is Perak is a bit complex since the state constitution required the MB to be a Malay Muslim and in the new coalition government, DAP won the most seats, 18 out of the 31 seats won by the Barisan Rakyat. PKR and PAS both won 7 and 6 seats.
As someone who’s from Perak, I trust the wisdom of the Sultan in selecting the new MB. I’m confident that His Royal Highness Sultan Azlan Shah and Regent Raja Muda will consider the welfare of the people in deciding for the right candidate. I, for one rally behind HRH’s decision. I’ll support HRH’s decision. Period.
Most of the state exco members will be from DAP and the appointed MB has also assured the people that the decision will a collective decision from the 3 parties. PAS will not dictate on how the state will be run. Also, it is impossible for PAS to change Perak into an Islamic state, if they want to, as they do not hold the 2/3 majority in the state assembly. The most importantly is that, PAS has abandoned the Islamic state agenda! They’re not even turning Kedah into Kelantan despite of winning so many seats!
Labels: Perak, post election

5 Comments:
hi eechia. was blog hopping and landed here. As for someone from my Perak myself, I think Ir Nizar stands out from the others. His track record in engineering projects is commendable.
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2008/3/13/nation/20080313094304&sec=nation
Appointing the PKR candidate would have solved the crisis between DAP and PAS but I believe Raja Nazrin and Sultan Azlan have foresight. After all, if Mr Ngeh becomes the MB, UMNO will play the racial cards again which is detrimental to DAP-PKR-PAS.
agreed with you malcolm. :) Let's try to create such awareness to our family and friends who are worried about the state of Perak. :)
oh, come on...trying to predict the future? its all written in the divine plan!
but the problem now... PKR is making noise...
hi eechia, very hard to imagine that you are so bold and involved in politics...Keep it up!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home