Blood Rising - A song inspired by RPK, by The Observatory
Dear RPK,I was a gig by The Observatory, last Friday, at No Black Tie in KL.
The night became more interesting when one of the lead vocal introduce one of the song in their new album, "Dark Folke". She said that the song used to have a controversial name, it was known as "RPK", which they later changed to "Blood Rising", because, according to her, not many people from other regions would know the meaning of RPK. But I thought, it would be cool if they stick to its original name though. Anyway, I think the name, "Blood Rising" sounds fitting too. :) RPK = Blood Rising. (hehehe)
The Obvervatory is a Singaporean band, with only one Malaysian member, Dharma - who studied and currently working in Singapore. Dharma was the one who first came out with the music of "Blood Rising", and later the whole band begun to modify and arrange the music, and the lyrics was written by their lyricist Leslie Low.
After the gig, I couldn't help it but to walk up to Dharma and asked him about the song. He told me that he was following the Malaysia Today very closely before the March 08 tsunami, and could feel the whole movement of change coming to Malaysia. He was very hopeful about what was happening then. He came home to vote, and it was his first time voting, despite of being able to do so long long time ago. When asked why they change the name to "Blood Rising", he said that when Leslie came up with the lyrics, it feels like it could fit a generation of those who are rising up for change, who decide to take the road least traveled. Hence, the name change. Nonetheless, it was a song inspired by YOU! :D
Dharma told me that Leslie wrote these lyrics when you wrote "It's time to storm the Bastille" while he came up with the chords when you were at the Sungai Buloh prison for a couple of days around May '08.
We later exchanged name, and he asked if I had a blog cos my name sounds familiar and I said yes, I have and I was in KT with you and the Barisan Rakyat bloggers. And he said he remembered visiting my blog that time! I was like... WAHHHHHH..... *gasp*
Told him that it would be really cool if you ever know of this song, and he said yeah, he would love to have you hear it. :)
Here's the lyrics:
Blood Rising
by The Observatory
Give it all
Your salary
Your prime
Your lease
Your seed
Your sanity
Your right
Your peace of mind
I'd never be ruled
By lies
The lies
Feeding your mind
Feeding your eyes
Cheating you blind
You rise up
The sun loves everything
The land in need of reckoning
From the dark
Walk the folk
Their eyes are no longer prisons
They rise too
Feel the rage in you
All that's in me, in you
We cease to be quiet
Our uprising
by The Observatory
Give it all
Your salary
Your prime
Your lease
Your seed
Your sanity
Your right
Your peace of mind
I'd never be ruled
By lies
The lies
Feeding your mind
Feeding your eyes
Cheating you blind
You rise up
The sun loves everything
The land in need of reckoning
From the dark
Walk the folk
Their eyes are no longer prisons
They rise too
Feel the rage in you
All that's in me, in you
We cease to be quiet
Our uprising
***
I thought this song came as a timely reminder in the midst of a sea of crisis that's happening in Malaysia now, that...
"we should never be ruled by the lies that are feeding our eyes, our mind, and cheating us blind, we shall therefore rise up from the dark and feel the rage in us, hence, cease to be quiet and join the uprising!"
Thank you, RPK for inspiring The Observatory for this song.
Thank you, The Observatory for this peice!
Labels: RPK, The Observatory

1 Comments:
Use a bunch of zombies for the music video!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home